Friday, February 18, 2011

A warm cookie experience

Most people like a nice warm cookie...and my family and I are no exception. So, we were surprised and pleased to get warm chocolate chip cookies from a special warming drawer when we checked into the Double Tree in Denver last night. What a great treat after a long drive.


More importantly it prompted my girls to say..."I love this place, we should stay here again!" They quickly followed that comment up with this gem..."Do they have the hotel in other places? We need to stay here more often."

I laughed and agreed, but the brand and marketing guy in me was really thinking.

DoubleTree had done something unique that was not complicated, AND it had an impact and built great brand awareness with two young buyers - not to mention their parents. Proof that small things can make a big impression.

2 comments:

LeAnne said...

True, so true Doug. Sometimes it is the simple things! :) Enjoy Denver!!!

Douglas Pals said...

Thanks, LeAnne. We are and we will. Just had another cookie! :-) Do something simple and memorable on Monday! Enjoy your weekend.